Ok, right now Chameleon is working on unix and
It *is* however functional on mac also, although there are I/O problems.
If you want to run on the mac this is what i had to do.
Go through the xpi install. Then quit NS6 or mozilla and restart.
Then clisk from the tasks menu "finish chameleon install". Clisk finish on the dialog.
This point it will hang. So then quit NS6/mozilla. Then you need to go to the chrome directory and unstuff the modern.jar file into the created modern directory. After you have done this, then relaunch and run chamelon from the tasks menu. If you try to save your work in chameleon, don't bother. The project files and dirs are correctly created but the files themselves are all empty. So i need to investigate the write problem.
Chameleon 0.02 development version installation:
- To install the development version of Chameleon, try launching any of the following
install script using the correct Mozilla or Netscape version specified:
- Chameleon for
Netscape PR3 (PR3 only).
- Chameleon for
mozilla M18 (M18 only).
nightly (nightly builds only).
*Note* If this doesn't work, try saving this
file to you local disc.
Open it from mozilla and it should install ok.
Or apply this patch and rebuild.
- After you install Chameleon, quit Mozilla and restart it. Go to the Tasks menu and click Finish Chameleon
Install. You need only do this once. Close and restart Mozilla again.
- Launch Chameleon from Mozilla's Tasks menu.
Chameleon 0.01 stable version installation:
- Download Mozilla M17 or Netscape 6 PR2.
- Launch Mozilla or Netscape 6 and click on the link to
install Theme Builder 0.01.
- Close Mozilla or Netscape 6 and relaunch.
- Launch the Theme Builder by going into the Tasks pulldown menu and selecting Theme Builder.