Annozilla 0.3.5 Installation
Annozilla Annotations Service Installation
This is an experimental set of code that may see inclusion in
Annozilla 0.5. You would install this instead of 0.3.5,
not concurrently with it. It is currently tested to work
with versions of Mozilla from 1.0 to 1.2.1. Phoenix
support is not yet included. It adds multiple server support, local
server support, enhanced icon insertion, and icon insertion without
running the sidebar, among other things.
Versioning is a little dicey on this product, as 0.4 is still in
the works as well. A brief timeline:
- 02/07/2003 -- updated prerelease with enhanced icon support
- 01/31/2003 -- initial prerelease
- First install the necessary packages.
- Please then restart your browser and return to this page to continue
- Now go to the preferences window (Edit -> Preferences ->
Annozilla). The Viewing Preferences will give you
two options for viewing annotations. You may view
annotations in the Annozilla sidebar tab AND/OR view them as
icons inserted into your browser window.
- Next, set up your Server Preferences. You will need to have an account with an annotation server.
To try the W3C test server, get an account at http://annotest.w3.org/access You may also download or install your own server. See the Annotea page for more information.