Annozilla 'to do' list
Move 'Server prefs' and 'Edit Site List' back into the main panel on Firefox (fixed in CVS)
- Don't write to window.status?
Rename "Post"/"Update" to "Save" (fixed in CVS)
- Make all sidebar options available via menu (not just context menu)
Fix memory leaks (3 objects leaked per window) fixed in CVS
- Are we slowing down new window/tab creation by loading so much code into the context menu? (use mozIJSSubScriptLoader?)
Get Update: this is intended behaviour, however I have removed the logging to the console.
"Stylesheet annotations.css not found: using chrome://annozilla/content/annotations.css" in error console.
Autoloading for tabbed browsing? Implemented by CGH.
- From an empty sidebar (showing "No annotations loaded"), create an annotation without first loading the annotations for the page. The new annotation is added for the list but "No annotations loaded" is still present.
Remove extra nodes from DOM when a highlight is deleted. (At the moment we just remove the highlighting.)
- Open annotation window by double-clicking on icon opens window at unreasonably small size.
Or sometimes get "Sorry, couldn't download the annotation body." - fixed by allowing multiple annotation windows
Integrate Firefox 2 built-in spelling checker. fixed in CVS
- Preference wizard for easy first-time setup. (In progress).
- Annotation passed to postAnnotationOnSuccess from remote server
doesn't have proper annotation type; need to reload to get it
and sometimes author is something like "rdf#mjAmH"
annotation.data.getProperty(IconManager.RDF_NS, "type") is "Annotation"
(default, not the proper value)
see nsRemoteAnnotationsServer.js: RemoteTransmission.prototype.finishPost
might have to do with incomplete info supplementation
- Might have to do with nasty new prefs code?
(ContextMenu has trouble getting creator and type too)
- iconClick->openEditorWindow->doesn't get fragment to add temporary icon
Error: [Exception... "'openEditorWindow requires either a fragment or an existing annotation' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown> data: no]
- IconManager trouble getting body from server?
due to asynchronous body load: see loadBodyOnSuccess
- Don't want to load annotation bodies during annotation loading (in general case - OK for local server)
- Remove server as default post server if that server is deleted from the list
- In the Server Options panel, display "Local Server" not "urn:localserver" (if possible)
Use XBL language binding everywhere Now expecting to remove the language options from the UI
- Rework classes using model/view/controller terminology
- On sidebar load with no servers, make it easier to load the Server options panel
- Move multiple server support into an 'Advanced' panel???
XBL for annotation icons and/or highlights Doesn't seem to be possible because we can't bind to arbitrary text nodes
- The 'fastback' feature would presumably leave annotation icons/highlights in the document but not held by Annozilla. Could the annotation data be held in the document, with DOM UserData? (speculation, I don't know whether this is possible.)
- Test cases
- Unit tests