- Install Accessibar for FIREFOX 1.5-3.0a2 and FLOCK 0.7 Accessibar 0.7.3
(February 9, 2007)
- OR: you could give the latest beta release of version 0.7.4 a try.Accessibar 0.7.4 BETA
(March 6, 2007)
Text to speech reader related installation (Visual web page features will work without this)
- Download and Install the Java Runtime
Environment 5.0. (This latest JRE is required for Accessibar's
- Once the JRE 5.0 is properly installed, download InstallAccessibarReader_0_0_9.jar
and evoke installer by double clicking or by entering the command:
java -jar InstallAccessibarReader_0_0_9.jar from a command prompt.
- That's it!
* More detailed installation instructions can be found in the User's Guide.
Toolbar not appearing when upgrading from version 0.7.0 and under?
If you previously had Accessibar 0.7.0 and under installed and then uninstalled/upgraded while the
Tools -> Accessibar Toolbar
setting was deselected
(toolbar hidden), version 0.7.1+ will not appear in the interface.
To resolve this:
- Install this older Accessibar version and select Tools->Accessibar Toolbar to display the toolbar
- Now, get your latest version of Accessibar here!
Currently known issues - and mini FAQs
May want to check out the known issues and update me if you find something not on the list.
Accessibar is dually licensed under the
Mozilla Public License and
GNU General Public
Accessibar uses FreeTTS
for its voice engine and the Java Speech API which carry the following license terms