- view: text
- select for diffs
- revision graph
Sat May 11 07:03:23 2002 UTC
(17 years, 7 months ago) by saravn
CVS tags: ipc-1-0-3
Major changes leading to IPC version 1.0
* The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public
* License Version 1.1 (the "MPL"); you may not use this file
* except in compliance with the MPL. You may obtain a copy of
* the MPL at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/
* Software distributed under the MPL is distributed on an "AS
* IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or
* implied. See the MPL for the specific language governing
* rights and limitations under the MPL.
* The Original Code is protoZilla.
* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ramalingam Saravanan.
* Portions created by Ramalingam Saravanan <email@example.com> are
* Copyright (C) 2000 Ramalingam Saravanan. All Rights Reserved.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the
* terms of the GNU General Public License (the "GPL"), in which case
* the provisions of the GPL are applicable instead of
* those above. If you wish to allow use of your version of this
* file only under the terms of the GPL and not to allow
* others to use your version of this file under the MPL, indicate
* your decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them
* with the notice and other provisions required by the GPL.
* If you do not delete the provisions above, a recipient
* may use your version of this file under either the MPL or the
#define NS_PIPELISTENER_CLASSNAME "IPC PipeListener"
#define NS_PIPELISTENER_CONTRACTID "@mozilla.org/process/pipe-listener;1"
/* nsIPipeListener provides a StreamListener sink.
* It's implementations should be thread-safe.
[ptr] native IPCFileDescStar(IPCFileDesc);
interface nsIPipeListener : nsIStreamListener
* Observes any asynchronous request associated with console.
* (E.g., when console is used to capture stdout from
void observe(in nsIRequestObserver observer, in nsISupports ctxt);
* true if console pipe thread is joinable
readonly attribute boolean joinable;
* Close input pipe and blocks for console logging thread to terminate,
* ensuring that all data already written to the console pipe is available
* for reading from console buffer.
* Shuts down listener (without blocking).
* Any data already written to the input pipe is discarded.
* Accesses buffer data as a string of arbitrary bytes,
* including NUL characters.
void getByteData(out unsigned long count,
[retval, size_is(count)] out string data);
* True if data has been lost (i.e., getByteData does not return all data)
readonly attribute boolean overflowed;
* Writes string
void write(in string str);
* Writes byte buffer
[noscript] void writeBuf(in string buf, in unsigned long count);
* Returns pipe file descriptor associated with listener.
[noscript] IPCFileDescStar GetFileDesc();