This page lists all the planned development and releases for archangel, chronologically sorted. Releases are shown in bold; features are shown in ordinary text. Bugfix releases are not shown.
Numbers in square brackets (e.g.
) are links to bugs raised about a feature. If the name of a feature itself is a link, it links to a bug request for the feature itself.
Want to request a new feature, or report a bug? Go to the bugs page.
TCP transport to server
(taken from mudzilla)
Guest login to server
Request entire index from server
Cache retrieved index
Request item from server
Add Archangel entries to Mozilla's menus
Display item (as simple HTML)
Then: Release 0.1.0
Request partial index from server (given cache)
Store cache in RDF, rather than custom format.
http://... URLs in item display
Support parent/child continuation links
Then: Release 0.2.0
- Show parent/child continuation links in the index
- Display the message of the day
(was working in 0.1.0, but broken in 0.2.0)
- Show when items have been updated since you last read them (and have a "catchup" command)
- Add a working context menu in the index
- Have a "please wait" dialogue during long operations (e.g. downloading the index initially).
(Note problem here [bug?]: during long operations Mozilla does not update the screen.)
- Design and implement a sensible menu bar.
- Show progressively more information in dates within the index.
- Then: Release 0.3.0
- Add an Archangel section in Mozilla's preferences dialogue
- Add support for multiple servers
- Add support for user authentication
- Hyperlink itemids in items
(e.g. clicking on A1240111 in any text takes you to that item)
- Then: Release 0.4.0
- Support posting
- Support continuation
- Support creating new items
- Then: Release 0.5.0
- Allow the user to request a new account on a server
- Show ancestors of an item as subtrees in the index (at the user's option)
- Add a toolbar
- Then: Release 1.0.0, suitable for general use.
- Allow a user with editing permissions
- to edit items
- to edit the index
- to edit the message of the day
- to edit the user database
- Then: Release 1.1.0, suitable for editors.
- Add option to reformat the text of an item (the way Yarrow does)
- Either: itemid tooltip display (e.g. mouse-over R2990216 in any text and get a tooltip with the subject line for that item)
or: itemid/subject replacement (e.g. R2990216 in any text is replaced with the string "Mozilla and RGTP" (probably in a different text-style). This may imply reformatting.)
- Add a calm-computing view of the index, comparable to groggs-bubbles.
- Get Mozilla to support the
rgtp protocol in URLs, passing such requests to Archangel.
- Let people choose HTML templates to use in building item displays. Look at LiveJournal for some ideas.
- Use XBL and templates where possible, instead of using the DOM.
- Any more blue-sky ideas that people dream up. Please let us know your thoughts via the bugs page.
- Then: Release 2.0.0, perfection. If we decide to introduce a bug bounty, it starts when 2.0.0 gets out of beta.