Changes targetted at a 0.4 release
- New Delete Annotation functionality
- New Edit Annotation functionality
- Icons in the document now load the annotation body when selected
- Icons now inserted in the body using XBL (therefore they don't change
the DOM and should not disrupt scripts or stylesheets)
- New Sidebar implementation in XUL giving a cleaner and more functional
- New HTML editor window for creating annotations (instead of a
plain-text entry area)
- Split preferences across three (two?) panels
- Significantly refactored code for better maintainability and
- Following code tidy-up, split up server-handling code into RemoteServer
and BookmarkletServer (with LocalServer planned for a future version)
Here are some aims of the Annozilla project.
Keep up with Mozilla releases
The 0.3.2 release brings Annozilla up to date with Mozilla 0.9.8.
Interopability with Amaya
Annozilla should support all annotation features which Amaya supports. In
Any annotation posted by Amaya should be readable with Annozilla
Currently Annozilla does not achieve this: Amaya can produce XPointers which
Annozilla cannot interpret. Doug Daniels has recently provided me with a patch
for improved XPointer support; I hope to include this in a 0.4 release in
The annotation schema has also had facilities added recently to allow
Replies to annotations; Annozilla does not support this.
All annotation facilities provided by Amaya should be provided
In addition to the new Reply capability, Annozilla does not provide a way of
of annotations. Some of these may be included in a 0.4 or 0.5 release.
- changing the type
There have also been requests for Annozilla to interface with multiple
servers, or to be able to keep annotations in a local file. These will be